Due to the feedback we received on our proposed Family Yoga sessions, we are introducing an inital session every Sunday starting on 23 February 2020. Depending upon take up of this class we may expand it to other days and times.
Yoga is beneficial for all ages, and finding one hour per week to take a class together as a family is not too challenging if you make an effort. The benefits of yoga for kids include:
- Yoga is non-competitive (it's all about your own journey)
- Yoga develops body awareness and builds concentration
- Yoga develops muscle tone, strength, balance and flexibility
- Yoga helps to develop a positive self and confidence
- Yoga helps to connect families together by yoga movement and play
The format is as follows:
- The class takes place from 10:15-11am on Sunday's.
- Due to children taking part in the class, bookings can only be made at reception.
- The class capacity is 16.
- Children participating in this class must be aged between 5 and 14 years old and must be accompanied by an adult.
- There is a ratio of 1 adult to 2 children and adults must take part in the class.
The class costs £5 per adult and £3 per child, but is free of charge to 365 members.