We are restarting our swimming lessons!
We have implemented some changes following guidance from governing bodies in order to make the swimming lessons safe for everyone whilst allowing the best experience for all. These include changes to lesson times, lesson capacities, teacher positions, drop off and collection procedures, changing procedures and spectator area.
Our swimming lesson capacities have been reduced to allow more space in each lesson, this does mean some of our classes are now oversubscribed. If your lesson is one of those affected by this, a member of our team will be in touch to arrange another lesson for you.
Swimming teachers will now teach from the poolside only and lessons will have staggered start and finish times with small breaks between lessons. These breaks will be used to sanitise equipment used during the previous lesson, ensure all children are returned to their parent/guardian and collect the next class from the reception area. You may have a different swimming teacher following the restart of swimming lessons.
Drop off, spectating and collection
- Children must arrive no more than 5 minutes prior to the start of their lesson.
- Please come 'beach ready' (swimming shorts/costume already on, under other clothes)
- Swimming teachers will come to the swimming lesson drop off point to collect all children
- Late arrivals will be refused access to their swimming lesson
- Parent/Guardians are limited to 1 per child and will stand/sit in the designated area
- Swimming teachers will return the children to the changing rooms following their swimming lesson
- Showers should not be used and you are encouraged to spend as little time in the changing rooms as possible and leave the building immediately after changing.
- All direct debit payments were frozen for the duration of the closure - except for the collection on 15 August, which was taken due to a system error. This money will be credited to accounts and can be collected from our reception team from 31 August or will be deducted from October’s payment.
- Any monies owed will be deducted from the next direct debit payment
- September direct debits will not be charged
- Payment for swimming lessons will recommence October 2020
Due to lack of available spaces there is unfortunately no option to extend the frozen period and reserve a space. If you do not wish to restart your swimming lessons please contact our reception team on 01246 242365 and we can cancel them for you.
We are looking forward to welcoming you back to our Learn to Swim programme, and hope to see you soon!